Re: cygwin software development tools

--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > Is there a page describing how to build xemacs
> under cygwin?  I've
> > tried and I'm getting build errors.
>
> No, xemacs comes with its own instructions, and is
> maintained by its
> own developers.
 Quite true.  Just as a heads up though,
 xemacs-21.1.11 was just released this week and I
built it under cygwin-1.1.2 this morning.

.configure;make;make install

 with no errors until I ran it where I had problems
because I'm sharing my .emacs with NTEmacs which tries
to load some stuff using Dos paths. As soon as I
properly conditionalize .emacs I expect everything to
work fine.
 Since cygwin is a supported platform you should be
able to get help at comp.emacs.xemacs
  Send me mail if you don't know how to get access to
newsgroups.