RE: Extending cygwin's process table

"Monotonic" means that a sequence moves in the same direction (or stays the
same).  It doesn't mean that it's sequential.  So, for example, the sequence
"100, 101, 103" is monotonic.

The reason pids are non-monotonic is 'cos they cycle.  Pids aren't unique
through time -- they're reused.

Noel

mark@npsl.co.uk on 2000.07.19 09:17:35