Motif and Xt Widgets using Cygwin20/NT

I'm attempting to port a large GUI application (written in C) that
originally ran on an Alpha/VMS system onto a PC running NT4.0.  By no means
am I a Motif/X11 expert, but I have successfully ported this application to
a SUN/Solaris platform with very little effort.

I've installed Cygwin with the Cygwin_B20_full.exe, and have used the
cygwin-xfree-x11r6.4-cygwin-B20.1.tar file to get the latest X11 & Motif.
(Note, I danced around quite a bit getting correct version that worked,
DLLs, etc.)

At this point, a large number of the Motif Widget classes aren't being found
.... for instance, when I go to link I see things such as:

  undefined reference to `xmTextWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `xmSeparatorWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `xmArrowButtonWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `xmArrowButtonWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `xmSeparatorWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `xmTextWidgetClass'
  undefined reference to `XmTextSetString'

Each of these classes are defined as "extern" with the *.h (header) files
under /X11R6.4/lesstif/Motif1.2/include (and Motif2.0).

There are also some totally undefined functions (Xshm, Xmalloc, Xcalloc,
XWidthofScreen, ...) that are present within VMS and Solaris, but don't
appear anywhere in the Xfree bundle.

----
Also, in the link phase I get the following messages which are X11 related
but not specific to the above mission objects:

   /.../X11R6.4/lib/libXt.a(Shell.o)(.text+0x35aa):Shell.c: undefined
reference to `IceConnectionNumber'
   /.../X11R6.4/lib/libXt.a(Shell.o)(.text+0x3c44):Shell.c: undefined
reference to `IceProcessMessages'

Any leads on what these anomalies are caused by?  THANKS!!!!

Jeff Poor
Northrop Grumman
Airborne Ground Surveillance and Battle Management Systems
Melbourne, Florida
(321) 726-7335   poorje@mail.northgrum.com