Re: [Re: Openssh port to cygwin]

Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@cygnus.com> wrote:
> norbert.bladt@usa.net wrote:
[...]
>> Openssh on NT works very well, unless you are trying to
>> use /winnt/system32/cmd instead of /bin/sh or
>> unless you use real NT commands from the sh.
>>
>> In this case, no input / output redirection is possible,
>> neither on UNIX nor - once logged in - on NT.
>> Using "cygwin-enabled" GNU commands works fine, though.
[...]

> I'm using nt commands via ssh without problems as far as they
> are not GUI commands. CLI tools like `net' are working _mostly_
> fine. Some commands like `sc' sometimes have dubious problems
> with their output.
I am, too, just using CLI tools like "net stop servicename".
or "net use ..."

>Try setting the environment variable CYGWIN so that it contains
>`tty'. This might help.
No, this doesn't help either.
OTOH: the commands really work and the return code
seems to be OK, too.

Now, I am trying to achive RSA Host authentication but this
doesn't seem to work for me, either.

Can somebody explain to me what the setup should be:
	a) on the client side (ssh_config)
	b) on the server side
	c) the directories involved and the settings, esp. on NT ?

Thanks in advance,

Norbert.