Re: Cygipc, Postgresql, etc ...

Thanks. Here is a report of the first part.

When ipc-daemon.exe is started, it creates three files in /tmp:
/tmp/MultiFileMsg  /tmpMultiFileSem   /tmp/MultiFileShm

It turns out that these files MUST be world-readable in order for shared
memory
to work.  Just doing  chmod a+r /tmp/Multi*  will do the trick.
Now, when 'ntsec' is set in CYGWIN, these files are created without read
permissions,
and this is the cause of the problem.  However,  chmod a+r solves the
problem, i.e. there
is no need to remove 'ntsec'.

Regarding compilation problems with cygip-1.05 on Cygwin 1.1.2,  I have
managed to
fix some problems, mailny in the Makefile (added -fpermissive, removed
reference to
WinMainCRTStartup() in ipc-daemon.c ...), but so far I have managed to
compile only
ipc-daemon.exe. I'll see if I can go further, or I'll send what I have to
anyone interested.

- Andrea