Cygipc, Postgresql, etc ...

I am trying to install both cygipc 1.05 and PostgreSQL on my Win2k PC
with Cygwin 1.1.2
In both cases, the sources that are supposed to compile under Cygwin DO NOT
COMPILE. So, I am already having a problem here.

More importantly, cygipc does not seem to work. If I install the cygipc
binaries,
and start icp-daemon.exe, then the shared memory tests fail:
bash-2.04$ ipctest.exe h
Test v0.02
Shared memory segment 0 created
shmat return code= -1
nok
shmat failed, errno= 0

Similarly, if I try to start PostgreSQL using:
postmaster -i

I get an error:
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (error 0) id=0
FATAL 1: AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment

Are there particular settings I have to worry about in order for
cygipc to work ?

Greetings.
- Andrea Malagoli
  a-malagoli@uchicago.edu