Re: d:/foo to //d/foo to d:\foo to d:/foo

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 02:23:23PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>Perhaps a cygpath option, like "-/" that means to emit forward slashes
>instead of backslashes for Win32 paths?
>
>Then you could just use $(cygpath -w -/ $HOME)
>
>But, I don't think the interface between cygwin and non-cygwin
>programs is going to get much better as long as we have a mount table.

People do mention having some kind of argument control which would allow
one to say "if you see something with forward slashes on the command line,
translate it to windows format before passing it to 'this specific program'".

I wouldn't automatically reject any patch like this but I'm not
particularly interested in making this change.

To do this correctly, you'd almost need something like the old
VMS "CLD" utility which allowed you to precisely define arguments
and options.  However, something more general would probably be
workable.

cgf