Re: Problem with cygwin-1.1.2 gawk-3.0.4 [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.0.4]

Christian Jönsson wrote:

> I have not made any awk script, I think the problem lies in passing some chars between tcl and awk. could be tcl could be gawk, could even by cygwin but that's a guess. In this case, it's either the char " or the " in followed by blank char.
>
> As for trying escaping like you mention below, what do you suggets for the tcl script:
>
> set awkCode { { print " "; } }
>
> exec awk $awkCode

I would suggest to do what is opportune in that situation:

Try to ISOLATE the problem. Try calling gawk without using Tcl
and try calling Tcl without gawk.

As Chris has already mentioned, tcl/tk has only a bit of Cygwin
support so you might have problems in interacting, similar to any
interacting between Cygwin tools and native w32 tools.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer