Re: setup vs setup 1.48, and the cygwin.bat file

DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>:
> 1.48 is experimental.  It has lots of new goodies, but is missing a
> few key routines Chris added to his version.  So, try 1.48 and see if
> it works (and let us know!), and if it doesn't, use setup.exe instead.

Ah, cool.  Okay, I'll play with that a bit.

> > 2)  Running setup to get /any/ packages always rewrites the cygwin.bat file.
> >     Unfortunately, I have to edit that file in order to make cygwin
>
> Why not just rename the file *you* use, and ignore the one setup
> creates?

??  Setup always overwrites the file being used.  (I have a copy of the
"working" one, and so can just copy it back in and rename it each time,
but still, setup doesn't need to do that.)

I must be misunderstanding you.