Re: New gcc/binutils available for testing

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:04:28AM -0700, Carl Thompson wrote:
>I gave it a whirl and it doesn't seem to work for me.  When linking a
>trivial application, it returns an error saying that it can't find
>"crt0.o":
>
>$ gcc cet.c -o cet /usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or
>directory
>
>If I use the "-mno-cygwin" option, the same thing happens except that
>the error is for "crt1.o" .

Could you provide some debugging information, please?

gcc -v

would show where gcc is looking for crt0.o.  Mine looks in /usr/lib.

And, it would be instructive to see your cygcheck output, too, I guess.

>PS: Is it possible to add the OpenGL headers to the Cygwin distribution?
>    It comes with the import libraries for OpenGL, but not the headers
>    needed to use them!

This is a w32api issue.  w32api is maintained by Mumit Khan and Anders
Norlander.  I assume that they would be happy to include headers but for
the headers to be included they would have to be written.

cgf