Re: Is -mno-cygwin support being removed????

Not just you man ...

I'm always reluctant to upgrade for fear that
something subtle that I've come to depend on will
stop working or, even worse, work just (slightly)
differently.  I've come to depend on this stuff
and its free so I'm not gonna bitch. Nope, I just
sit back quietly and live with it - still VERY glad
that it exists, even such that it is.

There is, no doubt, a "fix it or shut up cause its
free" attitude here. I'm not saying that its wrong
(I'm really not!) but I do believe its here & here
to stay !!!  This issue has been danced around for
the last couple of years now in many incarnations.

Its always the same, a new release, a barrage of
email problems, veteran Cygwinners telling the
hapless to stop whining & go look it up.  Hey,
I'm not that experienced with this OpenSource
stuff, maybe thats the way it s'posed to be.

Having said all that, I will attempt to upgrade again
as soon as I get well-rested and about 4-5 days with
a very low potential workload. I just don't have the
time or brain capacity to drop yet another layer down
in my toolkit to learn Cygwin in any real(or imagined)
depth. If that makes me a freeloader, then I'm sorry.
I did what I could, I bought the CD.

All told, I truly believe that this is, by far, the best
solution of its kind on the planet, AFAIK there is not
even a close second - keep up the good work.
I know you're all having fun.

bisk

Begin forwarded message: