Re: problems compiling Visual C sources

----- Original Message -----
From: "mao" <mao@interconect.com.br>
To: <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 5:37 PM
Subject: problems compiling Visual C sources

> Hi.
> I got cygwin and I develop my own (simple) c programs with it. All works
> fine. But when I try to compile an source code created to be compiled with
> Visual C I get a lot of erros.
In case you hadn't read this somewhere before, Cygwin is for the porting of
*Unix* programs to Win32, I think you should buy MSVC if you want to use
those MS Foundation Classes sources.  In which case your message is
off-topic on this list.

> Usually I´m notified by cygwin that he couldn't find some header files.
> Some of them are :
>
> <afxwin.h>    // MFC core and standard components
> <afxext.h>     // MFC extensions
> <afxdisp.h>  // MFC Automation classes
> <afxdtctl.h>  // MFC support for Internet Explorer 4 Common Controls
>
> I know that these header files aren't with my system.
>
> So my questions are:
>     1) Are ther any header file on cygwin that I can use to replace these
> above (and others) to compile programs develop to be compiled under Visual
> C?
>
>     2) What are header files that I can use to develop visual applications
> for windows with cygwin?
>
>     3) More important: where can I get a tutoria that explaine me how to
use
> cygwin and how to take advantage of all it's power?
>
> Thanks.
>
> _________________________
> Márcio Andrey Oliveira
> Registered Linux User 124.801

Regards,
W. Terry Lincoln (ICQ# 39362285)
Senior Solution Developer [Linux Registered User #99583]
Ciber corporation <http://www.ciber.com>
<mailto:WTerryLincoln@engineer.com>
<mailto:lincoln2@rochester.rr.com>
<http://www.geocities.com/terry_lincoln>