mmap() for shared memory?

I'm trying to implement a good-performance IPC using mmap.  When I write to
mmap'ed memory in one process, the second process never sees the change.
I've seen other posts asking the same question, but no responses.

If anyone has actually gotten mmap to work with MAP_SHARED, can you post or
email me an example or code fragment?

I'm using a very recent version of Cygwin (1.1.1?).

Meanwhile, I guess I'm stuck using named pipes.  Perhaps someone can suggest
the optimal IPC mechanism under Cygwin (note: I'm not forking processes; I
need to have two seperate programs, each with its own "main").

Thanks!

--
Elliot Mednick                              51 Sawyer Rd, Suite 110
Processor Architect                         Waltham, MA. 02453