RE: Problem with running setup

[SNIP]

> After 2 hrs I do not see any activity in the dos
> window. I noticed my machine has got extremely slow.
> When I quit the setup application (Ctrl C) my machine
> is still very slow and not able to close the dos
> window. I am also unable to shutdown my NT machine.
> Instead on each occasion I needed to do a cold reboot
> (which worries me as I am using NT).

Abdul,

That sounds like a similar experience to mine.

Are you running a virus protection program?

I disabled mine (Network Associates VirusScan NT) for the
duration of the install.
Setup then completed in just a few minutes (I installed everything).

I then re-enabled the virus scanning software and then ran a virus
scan -- protocol requires it.

Since then, I have run setup.exe a few more times to install updated
components
and not had the same experience: i.e. I've not had to disable the virus
scan.

Hope this helps,

--
Mike Little