Re: Another bash problem?

>>> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:24:01 -0700
>>> "Guansong Zhang" <guansong@hotmail.com> said:

> I used to export CYGWIN=tty in B20.1, I forgot the exact reason.
> But with the latest net release, this setting has a problem.
> With the above setting under bash prompt type
>
> $ bash
> $ exit
>
> then type any command, bash won't echo it back. This also will happen if you
> do a "man" and quit.

You probably set the CYGWIN variable in .bashrc. This setting
certainly causes such problem. You should set this variable in
the system environment.

There is a more detailed explanation about setting this variable
in the message
<1DB8BA4BAC88D3118B2300508B5A552CD92546@mail.fitlinxx.com>
from David Bolen.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology