Re: [Coop@genomica.com: software bug]

> 001-First-name = Stephen
> 002-Last-name = Cooper
> 004-Organization = Genomica
>
> 013-Description = We have a number of makefiles that all
> include $(PROJ_HOME)/Makefile.common
> In Cygwin B20, this worked with no problem.
> Now in Cygwin 1.1.0, the makefile complains
> that it can't find the file.  Here's the output:
>
> bash-2.04$ make --unix fast
> : No such file or directoryJ-v0.1/Makefile.common
>
> Note that the error message has truncated /d/Projects/DM which
> should appear right before the J in the above error message.
> $(PROJ_HOME) is set to /d/Projects/DMj-v0.1

I doubt it. Looks more like the terminal has obeyed the carriage
return character which forms the last character of the name of the
file which make was unable to find. It thinks there is a carriage
return as the last character of the filename because there's one on
the end of the include statement in the makefile. It sees one on the
end of the include statement because of changes and problems with
text/binary mode in the latest release, which are being reported here
several times a day at the moment by people who choose not to check
the mailing list archives before posting. The issue is discussed at
length in the archives.