Cygwin1.1 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

CygwinDLL version 1.1

I have a problem executing a program I have compiled under Cygwin.

When I execute it, it produces a stackdump file complaining about a
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception. The program then hangs.

Is this a Windows exception or a Cygwin exception.

I have a working version on a Sun-Solaris using National Instruments CVI
libraries for Sun Solaris to develop the GUI part.

I have since ported my source files to Windows NT and linked them using the
NI CVI Win32 libraries using Cygwin.

The NI libraries are C libraries compiled using the NI compiler
(compatible with MSVC++).

I have managed to link these libraries, my object files and a
Cygwin dependant dll with the options -mwindows and -e mainCRTStartup.

However I get the above error when trying to execute.
It does not even reach the first line of code.

One possible problem could be that one of the dlls was compiled using a
previous version of the Cygwin1 dll yet my object files were compiled
using the the latest version of the Cygwin1 dll.

Does the other dll need to be recompiled with the new Cygwin dll or should
it be backwards compatible?

However, I get this problem when trying to execute.

I have ran strace on my executable and cygcheck but the output means little to me.
I have attached these files for your perusal.

If anybody could shed some light on the subject I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Robert.

This mail is intended only for the addressee shown above.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Any review,
publication, dissemination, copying or use of this mail or
its contents by persons other than the addressee is strictly
prohibited, unless prior authorisation is received from MASS.
If you have recieved this mail in error please notify MASS
immediately by telephone and delete the mail returning any hard
copies in the post to MASS at the address below.

Mass Consultants Ltd, Grove House, Rampley Lane, Little Paxton,
St Neots, Cambs, PE19 4EL  Tel: 01480 222600

Cygcheck.out

main.exe.stackdump

Strace.out