Login incorrect

Hello,

The login command does not work on my PC, the only result I can get is
"Login incorrect".  My goal is to be able to log in using my usual NT
_domain_ name and password (and ultimately to use remote access with rlogin
or ftp).

In the /etc/passwd file, I tried both modifications proposed:
<domain name>\<user name> at the beginning of the line, or
U-<domain name>\<user name> just before ",S-..."
Nothing seems to work.

What am I supposed to enter at the login prompt after running the login
command ? Is it exactly the same (case-sensitive) as the NT user name that I
use to log in the NT domain ?

What about NT priviledges ? Do I need special priviledges to set up all this
?

Any kind of help is welcome.

	_Olivier_

Here is some information on my configuration...

I re-created the passwd and group files with the following commands:
mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd
mkgroup -d > /etc/group

These two files do not contain \r characters.

Here is the output of a small bash session:
bash-2.03$ whoami
oja
bash-2.03$ su
su: cannot set user id: Not owner
bash-2.03$ echo $CYGWIN
bimode ntsec
bash-2.03$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
D:\cygwinroot\bin   /usr/bin            user         binmode
D:\cygwinroot\lib   /usr/lib            user         binmode
D:\cygwinroot       /                   user         binmode