Re: Problem with CR-LF sensitivity

Been doing a lot of translation with tr lately, so this is fresh in my mind.
I'm sure Larry knows this, but for the benefit of others, here's my favorite tr
commands.

tr \\n\\r \\n   Translates a dos file on stdin to a unix file on stdout
tr \\n \\n\\r   Does the inverse
tr \\r \\n       Translates a mac file to unix
tr \\n \\r       Does the inverse
tr \\r \\n\\r    Translates a mac file to a dos file
tr \\n\\r \\r     Does the inverse

--jbuff