GDB hangs on Win2K

I'm trying to use the Cygwin 1.1.0 version of GDB on my Win2K box to debug
an application I compiled with gcc. I load up gdb with the debug version of
my app, and hit run (well, gdb -nw). It says that it loads all the DLLs my
app is dependent on, but then hangs. I have to use the task manager to quit
my bash shell that started it. (Same thing happens on the graphical version
of gdb).

The same app can be debugged perfectly on a WinNT box. (just copied the
binary over).

Is there some easy way to enable/fix gdb debugging on Win2K?

I did check it out a bit with the VC++ debugger (can't use gdb to attach to
processes on windows) and found that GDB was in an infinite loop between
cygwin1.dll and kernel32.dll. I don't yet have symbols for kernel32.dll, and
well, it appears that gcc symbols (even with -gcoff) aren't compatible with
Windows debuggers (which claim to use an extension of COFF), so all I could
tell was that it was in an infinite loop, and not what functions it is
running.

Andrew