Re: ^C handling problems

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 01:04:33PM +0200, Thomas.Wolff@icn.siemens.de wrote:
>In a program which normally uses ^C as an ordinary input character
>(after switching off all associated special meaning), this does not
>work if the program input is a pipe.
>It's not easy at the moment to provide more analysis as it is a complex
>program (an editor), so I'd just like to ask if anyone has an idea
>about this problem.
>
>This is not compatible with usual Unix behaviour where the same program
>works fine in a pipe. I already had another problem with ^C where its
>SIGINT association was not successfully detached when it was used in
>the context of select (). I had reported that here but got no answer; I
>could fix the problem by using the ISIG ioctl flag which is not needed
>on Unix either (after setting the VINTR char to zero; when I originally
>made the code on a Sun, I don't think ISIG used to exist there).

I'm sorry but none of the above makes much sense to me.

If you've already provided source code which illustrates whatever problems
you're seeing then, I apologize for missing it.  Please post it again.

Otherwise, statements like "SIGINT association was not successfully detached
when it is used in the contect of select ()" do not have any meaning to me.

cgf