RE: weird keyboard behaviour

Jean-Paul Le Fevre [J-P.LeFevre@cea.fr] writes:

> Since most of the problems seem due to the end of line character
> what it it the best way to see how a file is configured ?
> I'm editing with emacs which take care of this kind of horrible
> details so the end of line characters are hidden.

In Emacs 20.x (I can't remember 19.x) you can do a find-file-literally to
load a file without any possible translation, so you'll clearly see the ^M
on line endings if its a CRLF file.  XEmacs may have this as well but I'm a
GNU Emacs user :-)  If you're using the binary NT-Emacs, while it can be
aware of cygwin features, it doesn't use cygwin1.dll so it's not subject to
the mount point conversions.

Alternatively, Emacs also indicates in the mode-line (near the left edge)
the line ending convention for any file it has loaded - check out the Mode
Line topic under Emacs in Info.

-- David

 \               David Bolen            \   E-mail: db3l@fitlinxx.com  /