Re: Downloading just user tools?

> Hi!  How can one download just the user tools of the newest release of
> Cygwin (as used to be supported by usertools.exe)?  There only appears
> to be a setup.exe currently, which the full release including gcc, etc.

Download the individual .tar.gz files for the packages you want, and
untar them into a single directory.  If you need a tar program, get
bootstrap.zip and unzip it.

Setup.exe is new, and relatively "immature".  It does one job, which
is to install everything, and we're more concerned with making it do
that reliably at the moment (but feel free to work on other features
if you want to!) but eventually it will grow to be more feature-rich.