Re: CVS and binmode

--- jorg.schaible@db.com wrote:

> Still reading "Open Source Management with CVS", I may try it *after* chapter
> 4 (administration). Since there is a cygwin port of CVS, I hoped somebody has
> already figured out the consequences of binmode for CVS ...

Hi Jörg,

What exactly is your problem?  I've been using the cvs from the CD V1.0 just
fine with mounts in binary mode.

Here is where you might get into problems:

You have a source package that you use WinZip to extract and you have the auto
cr/lf turned on.  You then import that package into cvs.  Cvs now has the \r\n
line endings stored.  You make changes, which change some of the source to \n
line endings.  When you do cvs commit, the delta becomes the entire file
because every line in the file changed.

Is this your problem?

=====
---