Re: Compliments, and Security

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 07:10:34PM -0400, Braddock Gaskill wrote:
>My one real..uh..feedback is that the new ftp directory layout makes it
>very difficult to download just the binary packages, or to even know
>what version you're downloading.  And damn, that old self-extracting
>GUI setup that you had in January sure made things feel simpler.

The GUI setup that we had for the last two years made things feel
like

"I tried to download your full.exe and it says EXE is corrupted!
What's going on?"

or

"I tried to download your full.exe and it says that files are missing.
What gives?"

or

"I downloaded the pieces of the full.exe.  How do I put them together?"

Out of curiousity, was there a reason why you didn't just run
"setup.exe" and download from the interent?

To answer your security issues question, I am not aware of any specific
exploits but I would not be surprised if there were problems if you
installed a daemon or ran a program as administrator.

cgf