Re: dejagnu

> Expect appears to want to use DOS shell conventions instead of Bash =
> shell conventions (most notably the path separator and intrinsic shell =
> commands).

Ah, my nightmare returns...

The trick to using expect, at least the version you have, is to make
sure that paths mean the same thing under cygwin as they do under
Windows.  This means that "/" should be mounted as the root of your
current drive, and any other mount points should reflect actual
absolute paths under Windows as well.  It's a hack.

> How can I get dejagnu (or Expect) to run under cygwin/the bash shell?

Try the mount tips.  I did some work on our internal tcl/expect to
have it build both a nt-native dll and cygwin-native lib version, to
avoid these kinds of problems.  I don't know if/when I'll be able to
get that out to the net, but it wasn't a tricky port.  It's an old
version of tcl, so I don't know if it would be worth the effort to
keep maintaining that version.  Anyone want to port the latest
tcl/expect to cygwin?