Re: w2k problem with new release and autoconf and with reversion to old

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 03:21:08PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
-8<-

> >This is by design. There's a difference now between `user' mount
> >points and `system' mount points. setup.exe creates all mount
> >points as `user' mount points. For the purpose of creating
> >`system' mount points, mount.exe has a new option `-s' now.
>
> Hmm.  Should we change this?  It is no problem to make all of the
> mounts that setup does system mounts.  It would require that you
> have administrator privileges to run cygwin, though.

Absolutely _not_ IMO.  I think that the system mounts should only be added by
the administrator upon setup of the system.

> The autoconf problems are undoubtedly due to \r\n line endings.
> The setup program mounts everything as binary mounts.

Yep, this will be a problem with changing from text mounts to binary mounts.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__