Re: Linking MSVC++ and Cygwin libraries: relocation problems

At 14:43 19/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to link MSVC++ objects with gcc objects.  In order to resolve
>the system calls in my gcc code, I need to bring in Cygwin's libc and
>libcygwin.
>
>The Cygwin FAQ indicates that this is possible, but I'm getting relocation
>warnings using Microsoft's linker.
>
>Has anyone ever done this successfully?

> link /NODEFAULTLIB /INCREMENTAL:NO /PDB:NONE /RELEASE /NOLOGO \
>      -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup@12 -dll -ignore:4078 -subsystem:native,4.0 \
>      -def:test.def -out:test.dll \
>      	test.obj test.res
>	msvcrt.lib oldnames.lib kernel32.lib ws2_32.lib \
>	mswsock.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib \
>	winspool.lib comctl32.lib netapi32.lib \
>	test_gcc_obj.o libc.a libcygwin.a
>
>   Creating library test.lib and object test.exp
>
>LINK : warning LNK4092: shared section ".stab" contains relocations;
>	image may not run correctly

  I once wrote about this problem :

  if the DLL is not loaded at its default address the
.reloc section
 is by default before the .stab section but it is only inserted in
the second call to cygwin ld ! This causes wrong offsets for the
stabs relocation which typically can be inside the .reloc section itself !!

 I didn't get any answer at that time.

Apparently Microsoft linker knows about this potential problem
and gives a warning out !