From: cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com]On Behalf Of
kevh@cgocable.net
Sent: 19 April 2000 00:18
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Hostname lookups on Win95

Hi folks,

I've never been able to get hostname lookups to work on any Cygwin
compiled binaries (lynx, wget, ftp, cvs, etc.), even though "native"
Windows apps can resolve names fine on that machine.  The problem
has occurred with both B20.1 and yesterday's Net Release.

I tried manually adding records to /cydrive/c/WINDOWS/HOSTS.SAM and
/etc/hosts, to no avail.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

TIA,
-Kevin