Basic Questions

Sorry for this question, but I didn't find anything related in the docs
neither in the archives of the mailing list.

Now is there some doc for cygwins-bash B20 available somewhere. I need
to set bell-style=visible, because the beeping annoyes my coworkers. Now
I tried to create an .inputrc file in my home dir, which seams to not be
read. performing set bell-style=visible doesn't work, doing it in the
.bashrc (which get's read from my HOME dir) doesn't work neither. So I
tried to set the environment in the startup .bat-file. But it seams the
shell doesn't care about the env var.

How can I deactivate this horror bell :-)

Another question how can I change LS_COLOR for ls, where do I get docs
related dircolors

Where should I perform calls to bind, to change keymapping, because
.inputrc doesn't get read and calling bind in .bashrc doesn't have
effect. And may be a BUG in bind:

# bind -p > ~/bindings
# bind -f ~/bindings

sometimes does output that the file bindings doesn't exist and when it
doesn't output any error message it doesn't change bindings.

I am only able to change bindings from command line, how should I make
them persistent?

thanks in advance

patrick