Re: Cygwin CD v1.0 on the net?

> > Where can I download the Cygwin CD v1.0?  Surely someone must
have
> > it available on the net...
> >

> As Chris Faylor already pointed out, it would surely be illegal
for someone to
> put the CD on the net for download.  However, you can download the
pieces that
> make up the CD from the net already.  Check out
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin for more details on where to
find ported
> applications.

In that case, where can I get the gcc "which you can't get off the
net, and which includes optimizations Cygnus did for the Intel
Pentiums that you can't get in egcs."
(quoting DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>)
Surely it must be on the net..  Is the gcc port at
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Khan_
Mumit/gcc-2.95.2/
the same thing as on the CD?
I'd bet there's a lot of other things on the CD that aren't on pages
like http://cygutils.netpedia.net/
Is there a list of applications and their versions that are on the
CD somewhere?  I'd like to know what I may not have by collecting
all "the pieces that make up the CD" from the net..

Since the installer can't be distributed, could somebody just tar.gz
their copy after they install it and make it available on the Net?

-Philip