V1.0 Canonical mode problems affecting us too

We bought Cygwin V1.0 and are having problems with the backspace key while
using the Xterm window and FTP. When FTP is run from the Xterm window the
backspace key doesn't function. This is also a problem for us when we are
running various shell script from within the Xterm windows. We are currently
having an important application ported to Cygwin 1.0 that will be used by
hundreds of engineers at our site. The backspace key not functioning makes
the tool less likely to be successful. Pleas help us by releasing a supported
patch or new version of Cygwin that we can get to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Leonard Weber
Agilent Technologies (formerly HP)
1400 Fountaingrove Parkway