RE: Ports library and newbie question

Check out Michael Hirmke's page of ports (sorry if I spelled
it wrong).  There's a link from the Cygnus home page.

GTK (and friends) builds fine with Cygnus just as you would
under UNIX.  Get it and run configure then make and make
install.

If you're going to be using Cygwin you may as well build GTK
for Cygwin (IMHO).

I've had trouble in the past trying to build the Win native
GTK libs with mingw32.  Some of it was due to the thread support
needed and some was probably due to poor mingw32 setup on my part.

Todd