Re: Making wget

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 08:47:08AM -0800, David Robinow wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 09:38:59AM -0000, Norling, Gunnar wrote:
>>>Some days ago there where a discussion involving the wget program.  ...
>
>>Why not just download one of the prebuilt versions???
>
>I find this strange, especially considering the source.  Isn't Cygwin
>supposed to be a development environment?

Sure.  Are you a developer?  If so, then these problems are not
insurmountable and probably only require some investigation of the
source.  Feel free to offer him some advice.

I didn't want to take time to figure out what was going on and suggested
a much faster way of getting wget on his system than doing a

1. configure
2. make
3. What???  HELP!!!!
4. Wait for someone on the mailing list to look at the source and figure
   out what was going wrong.

cgf