problem with Mumit's pine port

I've recently tried Mumit's port of pine, both the
precompiled binary and my own build using his patches.  In
both cases, I'm able to send mail ok, but my folders seem
to be created in a garbled form such that pine is unable to
use them.  For example, if I postpone a message, I am
unable to open it later for completion.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a
fix for it?  Can anyone tell me definitively that they are
using Mumit's port and do *not* experience this problem?

I'm running b20.1 on a NT4/sp3, and all my mounts are binary.

Regards.