RE: [mingw32] Re: [RFC] changing gcc default output executable na me (a.exe now)

Looks fine to me, I can live with that ;) Let the default be the current
behavior, and people who don't need/want .exe suffixes automatically
appended to executables (like me) can have some variable set on their
.bashrc files that would turn off this automatic feature.

> Then, of course, the mailing list will be flooded with lots of "newbies"
> who have found out about this nifty new environment variable and who
> 1) have an older version of gcc which doesn't understand it, 2)
> have makefiles
> which add the .exe file explicitly, or 3) are facing in the wrong
> direction
> and are unable to see the computer screen.

[1] they would be on the same situation we are today: they'd like not to
have the .exe appended, but would have to tweak makefiles for that

[2] these should work with no changes, since they are supposedly able to
handle executables with the .exe suffix

[3] these should be killed. Slowly ;)

Regards,

Andre