line editing not working with rxvt and recent cygwin snapshots

I'm working with the 19991218 snapshot and line editing (erase/kill)
isn't working within rxvt.  I'm not sure why, but characters are
being processed immediately.

It's easy to demonstrate, start up "cat" reading from stdin and then
just type "abc ENTER".

In the normal console you'll see:

	bash$ cat
	abc
	abc

In rxvt:

	bash$ cat
	aabbcc

With my old b20.1 setup, rxvt and line editing works fine.

For the test, I forced my stty settings to be identical
on both ttys.

Unfortunately, I can't really strace the process when
running under rxvt, because the strace pops open a normal
console window for ttyin/ttyout and then everything works.

Any ideas on how to track this down?

Thanks.

Eric Fifer