Re: ANN: das blinkenlights 0.0.1 cygwin distro

Originally I had a bit of time left and just wanted to check the source tree
if a certain patch that I have in mind for some time now had been realized
by someone else in the meantime.

Turned out that this is not as easy as I thought.

> There are few reasons why this hasn't happened so far:
> 1) We're lacking resources for this,

Can't believe that one.

Are you telling me you handle this project without some sort of
configuration management on your disks? Just patch sets?

> 2) I've seen very very very little evidence that anyone was willing
>    to contribute source to the project,

Amen, brother.

Seems typical for non super sexy projects. The free projects I work on
have teached me the lesson that there are many folks who donate opinions
and few who donate time and code.. :)

> Right now, we're in "wait and see" mode due to our Redhat merger.

We're too. :)

Regards,
Marc