RE: document converter for unix and win32.

Texinfo is the format used for GNU documentation.  It's a bit like LaTeX,
and can be run through TeX to get DVI output, pdfTeX to get PDF, and
`makeinfo' to get online documentation (Info or HTML).  The DVI output can
be converted to PS with `dvips'.

It all comes with the MiKTeX distribution of TeX for Windows (a native port)
at http://www.miktex.de/ (probably others too, but that's the one I use).
It was invented for Unix-like systems so will probably be included with any
TeX distribution.

No direct conversion to MSWord docs as far as I know, but if you really need
it I'm sure there are ways of converting some of the output formats to RTF
or something.

Since it's not a cygwin port, it's a bit off-topic here.  For further
information, try the newsgroup comp.text.tex or, for questions specific to
the Win32 port, the MiKTeX mailing list (see the website above).

Paul