Will there ever be a new free release?

I have not understood the relationship between the cygwin
version that I can download freely (b20.1) and the commercially
available cygwin (1.0). In my understanding of the GPL, all changes
made by cygwin should be made available to us as differences
to the freely available version.

Or is everything integrated in the current snapshot? If yes
will there ever be another freely available "stabalized"
version like e.g. "b21" or will there only be snapshots
in the future?

    Michael Lipp