Re: sstream header file

"Singer, Robert (AZ76)" <RSinger@space.honeywell.com> writes:
> What about strstream? It has istrstream and ostrstream and they have been
> working fine for me as string streams. There are some differences between
> GCC & MSVC++ implementations...

ststream is deprecated, which means new code shouldn't be using it, and
should use string streams instead (strstreams has some problems where
you can end up with dangling pointers unless you take care to freeze
and unfreeze the internal buffer correctly).

Unfortunately, GNU C++ library doesn't come with string streams yet.

Regards,
Mumit