Sys V IPC and Cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to get the "unix" simulator for RTEMS (a Real Time OS) running
under Cygwin. The unix simulator allows the user to run RTEMS programs as
normal unix tasks. Unfortunately, to achieve this it uses Sys V semaphores,
shared memory and messages to simulate hardware interrupts and the like...
The configure for RTEMS chokes when looking for the header files...

I don't really know very much about Sys V IPC. Is it possible to make this
work under Cygwin and at what level (e.g. cygwin1.dll or a library or ???)?

The type of program that configure is trying to build looks like:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/ipc.h>
#include <sys/sem.h>
#if !HAS_UNION_SEMUN
  union semun {
    int val;
    struct semid_ds *buf;
    ushort *array;
  } ;
#endif
int main () {
  union semun arg ;

  int id=semget(IPC_PRIVATE,1,IPC_CREAT|0400);
  if (id == -1)
    exit(1);
  arg.val = 0; /* avoid implicit type cast to union */
  if (semctl(id, 0, IPC_RMID, arg) == -1)
    exit(1);
  exit(0);
}