RE: permissions

--- Suhaib Siddiqi <sssiddiqi@ipass.net> wrote:

> -remap must somewhere in your Makefiles.  Check configure scripts.
> make sure you have only one and the latest version of cpp.exe in
> your PATH.
> If you are using network mounted drive, Cygwin may run slow.  When I
> compile a big project on my Windows Nt machine, i always first
> logout
> from Netware server and unmount the netware mounted drives... for me
> it helped.
-8<-

There is no need to do this.  Simply set the value of PATH in the ~/.bashrc
file to exclude the network drives.

I have in my .bashrc file:
export
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/contrib/bin:/usr/local/bin:/c/winnt:/c/winnt/system32

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>