Re: GCC v2.95 doesn't work (a bug?)

Hello,

Sometime ago I sent in a question to the mailinglist about a problem
building a dll with mingw32.
(http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-10/msg00139.html).

Paul Sokolovsky replied with the suggestion that my problem might be caused by
the 'lseek()-past-end-of-file' bug, but that turned out not to be the case.

With this mail I want to let you know that it was merely a problem in the way
I was using dllwrap.
My makefile originally contained one rule for building the dll, def and lib file :

FLTK.dll FLTK.def LibFLTK.a : $(OBJS)
dllwrap --dlltool-name=dlltool --as=as --driver-name=g++ \
--target=i386-mingw32 --output-def FLTK.def \
--implib LibFLTK.a -o FLTK.dll $(OBJS) \
-mno-cygwin -mwindows -Wl,-lwsock32

This gave a syntax error in def file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cc560771.def:148

However after separating the link into three steps I was able to build my dll :

FLTK.dll : $(OBJS) FLTK.def
dllwrap --dlltool-name=dlltool --as=as --driver-name=g++ \
--target=i386-mingw32 --def FLTK.def \
-o FLTK.dll $(OBJS) -mno-cygwin -mwindows -Wl,-lwsock32

LibFLTK.a : FLTK.def
dlltool --dllname FLTK.dll --def FLTK.def --output-lib LibFLTK.a

FLTK.def : $(OBJS)
dlltool --export-all --output-def $@ $(OBJS)

So if you experience these kind of problems using a link in one step, try the above method !
This one for the mailing list archive !

Thanks and best regards,
Harm-Jan Zwinderman