cross assembler on NT for mips?

I wanted to build a cross assembler with
host as Windows NT and target to be MIPS.

From the location
  ftp://go.cygnus.com/pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/latest/

I got the following files
1) full.exe
2) dev-src.tar.bz2
3) cygwin1-20-1.dll

I unpacked them and all worked as mentioned in readme file.
I tried the script

./configure --host=i586-pc-winnt --target=mips-mips-elf

It is creating some makefiles but when I run make,
it is giving an error like

/c: Can't open /c
MAKE.EXE: *** [all-apache] Error 2

So, did I miss anything or gave wrong options to configure?

By the way, I
created /tmp
/bin & copied sh.exe
mounted / through regedit.exe

I would be very thanful if anyone can through some light on
my problem.

viswanath
begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Viswanath