Fwd: Mingw32 Question

(I am resubmitting this in the hope that someone might have further
insight...sorry about overexposing this...really would like to know what to
do here) :)

>Hi all,
>
>I have been testing what I think is the latest version of Mingw32.  It
>installs under a directory called GCC-2.95 and the date on many of the
>files is July 31, 1999.  I have a Intel 200 Mhz computer, with Win95 (last
>version with USB support).
>
>I finally compiled a very large program that normally had a file size of
>6-7 Mb (under the Absoft F77 compiler).  When I compiled under g77, the
>size was less than 1 Mb...that suprised me. Next, I compared run times
>inside of a DOS window that was created from within Windows, and noted
>that they were about the same.  The final test was where I got a bit
>confused.  I have a Tcl/Tk GUI for running this program.  Output that
>would normally appear on a DOS command line is piped to a console program
>(got it straight out of Brent Welch's book "Practical Programming in Tcl
>and TK", page 234) that allows the run to be observed.  At this point the
>performance diverged.  The g77 compiled program appeared to interact
>poorly with the console.  It would eventually complete, but it really
>looked like it was not supposed to be run from there.
>
>I thought this g77 was meant for compiling programs for Windows
>applications.  Did I miss something?  Was I suppose to link with some
>special library?  Or am I just plain using this incorrectly?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mike O'Melia
>
>"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?  I'm halfway through
>my fish burger and I realize, Oh my....I could be eating a slow
>learner." -Anonymous
>

>Michael J. O'Melia
>

>--

...When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling
    - live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around
    you is crying...

            -Anonymous