"Too many paramters" error

Well I did not get to far with the cygwin B20 release. I got past the insufficient
environment space problem, but i still won't start the original bash shell giving
me this error on the dos window:

     Too many parameters
     Bad command or file name

This occurs regardless of whether I run from the cygnus program group\on the start menu or
go to the cygnus folder and double click the icon.

I DID search the FAQ but did not find the explanation, which is undoubtedly
a stupid operator error on my part. Please help if you can!