Re: GCC v2.95 doesn't work (a bug?)

Teofilis Martisius <smart@org.ktu.lt> wrote :

> I was using mingw32 to make a postgresql ODBC driver
> dll. When compiling psqlodbc.c, it produces .o file
> with symbol _DllMain@12???? instead of _DllMain@12 in
> its export section (here ???? are four random
> characters, maybe garbage?). Then dlltool tries to
> make export file with this garbage and fails. Either
> these 4 chars should not be there, or dlltool should
> ignore them. When I change them into 00 00 00 00 with
> a hex editor in .o file, everything seems to work >
> fine.

I have got a similar problem in compiling the FLTK framework (LGPL, written in c++,
http://www.fltk.org) as a dll using mingw32.
I get an error from dlltool :
Syntax error in def file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cc560771.def:148
I have managed to intercept this intermediate def file and it also contains non printable characters.

I am using mingw32 gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release) and dllwrap version
GNU C:\MINGW32\BIN\DLLWRAP.EXE 0.2.4

Now if I understood it well dllwrap and dlltool are help programs wrapping ld calls in the making
of dlls and their associated import libs ?

So is this a problem of dllwrap/dlltool or is it a problem in gcc/mingw32 ?

Thank you in advance,
Harm-Jan Zwinderman   mailto://bughz@iname.com