xserver

Thank you! :-)

now that that's taken care of can anyone direct me to a webpage that shows
one how to properly set up an xserver. I have the directory structure set
up but when i run startx i get no xterm, and the xserver shuts down with
teh message: "fatal IO error 0 (no such error) on X server "LOCAL:0.0"
after 250 requests with 0 events remaining