Re: B20.1: windows reports illegal instruction, when using many arguments

>Jorgo,
>
>Please don't send HTML to this list.
>
>Thanks,
>David

Sorry about that! Here is the original message (hopefully not in html this
time), as I am still having trouble with it:

Hi All,

Running the script below gives a window message "illegal
instruction...restart computer", if too many characters are on the command
line.
BASH.EXE-2.02$ ./run_ 998
trying length=   9980
BASH.EXE-2.02$ ./run__ 998
trying length=   9980
BASH.EXE-2.02$
Is the problem above a general one, or specific to my computer set-up?
Problem created using CygWin32 with the gcc-2.95 release installed on a
Win98 platform.

Note that this gives problems when porting code. Makefiles may have a
'rm -rf $(OBJECTS)'. Of course it is possible to split the list of
$(OBJECTS) up into smaller pieces (which I am doing right now), but I would
like to minimize modifications.

Jorgo